Anyone feel puffy?

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
When I look at myself in the mirror I think I look more 'puffy'.

I think it could be the heat wave we've just had (not a fan of hot weather).

Yesterday I felt exhausted. I've not been myself for a while - mainly due to chronic leg pain but the heat on top has definitely had an effect!

Or maybe I'm just paranoid....

X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Barbecue season has arrived. Having a large garden means that guests also arrive. Yes I feel puffy. I have tried telling them that hot dogs are not good for me but when I hear me saying things like that I sound fussy. I eat it all promising to sort it out in the morning.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Hi
When I look at myself in the mirror I think I look more 'puffy'.

I think it could be the heat wave we've just had (not a fan of hot weather).

Yesterday I felt exhausted. I've not been myself for a while - mainly due to chronic leg pain but the heat on top has definitely had an effect!

Or maybe I'm just paranoid....

X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014.

Hi Deb,

I'm feeling puffier than usual as well, I'm also perimenopausal and hot flushes are not a good thing in this weather! I was also shattered yesterday, my FBG was 8.1 this morning :( Mind you, it was my brother's 40th birthday last Friday so I've been dashing around like a clockwork mouse all weekend! (Guilty face) I think the chocolate fudge cake I made for him might have had something to do with it :oops:

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I was told that puffiness could be due to water retention and the best thing for it was to drink more water. Worth a try.

Reactions: 2 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I was told that puffiness could be due to water retention and the best thing for it was to drink more water. Worth a try.
I would agree with that, my grandmother had Type 2 and her ankles were terribly swollen, unfortunately she was stubborn as a mule and didn't like water so she drank more cups of tea instead :)