Bad Day turns to weeks turns to

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all.

I've been off track for over a week. Can't get my head back in the game. My readings are all over the place. It's all down to chocolate, it's just around me all the time at work.

I need to get motivated and take it all more seriously. Ie I just munched through a whole box of Malteasers. What an idiot. I bolused for it, went to 14, corrected, then hypo'd. Obv all could have been avoided if I just didn't eat the stupid malteasers!

Any tips for getting back on track? I just don't know why my will power is so low :(

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bring a tooth brush to work, whenever you want to eat something go brush your teeth, thus making any food you eat afterwards taste awful lol

idunnoknow, thats the best i got right now lol

Reactions: 2 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
buy 1/2 dozen blocks of 85+% chocolate, have in your home and work.
a line or two and I've had my chocolate fix, a normal family block will be all gone in 30 min, a pack of maltesers in 10min

welcome to the world of carb craving, I find it a physical, addictive thing
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarbliving/a/Food-Cravings.

make hot chocolate with cocoa powder, vanilla concentrate and peppermint essence

Reactions: 4 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ohh what I didn't mention was that we get bucket loads of free chocolate, and the malteasers crime was committed at home. I will try to treat it as contraband as u suggest. And take in some dark choc too

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
A long time ago, I used to work somewhere where we were able to eat as much as we liked of what was available (and it was cakes). After making myself sick (not due to high blood sugar, but due to stuffing my face) I went off eating them and they became a treat rather than an everyday occurrence. Took me a while to get back into eating cream donuts...

It's an alternative approach I suppose, but I'm not sure it's one you want to follow!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Once the cravings hit, will power doesn't work. I've proved this over 30yrs of testing. :rolleyes:

Jacks suggestion of choc stashes is great.

Alternatively, make yourself some Fat Bombs (see Pinterest) and enjoy.

MalcNascar

I find that when I am going off track its will power thats first to go. I resort to completing a very detailed food diary for a few days. The very effort in logging everything I eat and drink helps get my mind focussed. Not easy though

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ohh what I didn't mention was that we get bucket loads of free chocolate, and the malteasers crime was committed at home. I will try to treat it as contraband as u suggest. And take in some dark choc too

If you really cant get over it you could always just grab all that free chocolate, pack it into a box, tape it shut really well, wrap it up so its out of sight and then mail it all over to me.. I will take that bullet for you lol

Reactions: 4 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol! I couldn't possibly encourage bad behaviour in my fellow type 1s!

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to hate dark chocolate before my T1 and love it now as it doesn't seem to cause me any issues and satisfies my sweet tooth.