Type 1 bad hypo s in morning and aggressive while hypo

Type of diabetes
Carer
hi my first post as i have a daughter 22 yr and 17yr diabetic. she started to hypo badly in mornings and with a added change to how she behaves durring a hypo. she now seems to act differently to what we known durring and beofore hypos. durring the worse she now get totally out of it teears cardboard up combs hair with cardboad has even treid well did eat finger pricker which was awfull trying to get it out of her mouth. also she aggressive with it so if i push her to take some thing sugary she wont and fights me even when extrem lows. i just wondered if any one else suffers this or a carer who deals with this and has any ideas advice on dealing with it thanks in advance

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi Lauren, Welcome to the forum and very sorry to read the issues you are having. There are reports that suggests, some people that suffer from hypos can get aggressive. Are you able to take a BG reading at that time?

paulliljeros

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi Lauren, whilst I am never violent, when I have a hypo, I can be either be complacent, confused or plain stubborn. The stubborn is obviously the most frustrating for those close to me, and I will usually refuse point blank to eat/drink what is presented to me, instead attempting a debate where articulation is impossible. It is a little difficult to explain why, but looking back, I think I put it down to confusion, and I am trying to explain or justify what I want to do, and I find this very frustrating at the time.
I can tell you that my girlfriend has an incredible knack of calmly getting me to eat/drink with out me feeling at the time I am being forced to do so. My mum (who I only see periodically) on the other hand, tends to panic and fret, and this, simply annoys me at the time. It therefore spirals down hill for both of us!
Has your daughter been able to explain anything about what she is experiencing/thinking after the hypo, and whilst not an ideal solution, would you be able to get someone else to try dealing once or twice with her, with you out of the way to see if you may be influencing the reaction at all - they say that we hit out at those closest!? Hope this helps, Paul

Type of diabetes
Carer
evening,

some times we manage a blood test usaully around 1.9 2.5. though when we cant get a blood test done we believe she is lower.

as to the agressiveness yes i agree she often just totally confused and lost does not know where she is what she doing. like will pic up packet of card box and tear it up then be brushing her hair with it. stands in the mirror smiling at herself, if given finger pricker she been known to bite it and took the end of it into her mouth and chewed it which caused problem getting it out of her mouth. she is stuborn to. and though we talk calmly and aske her to eat she wont and more u try the worse it get. if that low and like this we dont bother to try get blood test as it far easier to except she low and just try and feed her .

her freind has tried but she just the same. i changed my tatics from being firm to really calm sweet talk to being in end very firm with help. whaich is not ideal . firm calm prob the best. i constantly tell her who i am as that seems to help. she managed to talk to her diabetic team today and getting a rushed appoinment sent to her and we had to reduce her basal rate over night which now down by by half her regular rates. as we been slowly reducing it because of the hypo s over night. most of the time she remembers nothing from the hypo . some time s a small part of it. and the recover is long slow and rather sick and head ach from hell which the last hypo ended up two days off work which is another worry. daytime hypo she feels she getting low and get numb tongue but night time and first morning before getting up nothing

thank you for your help