Banging headaches

Lauraduff92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had type 1 diabetes for a little over a month now and for a while before and after my diagnosis I can often receive banging sore heads. I used glasses whilst at university for reading lectures but stopped now I have an office job and my short sight was fine. I have my first eye screening at the hospital on Wednesday and was just wondering if anyone else found they needed to start wearing glasses all the time from their diagnosis?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
High bg levels can make the lens of the eyes swell which in turn effects vision and can lead to headaches, it usually settles down once bg levels are stabilised, be sure to mention them on Wednesday.

Lauraduff92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The past week everytime I've checked my bloods I've had good levels 5s/6s. So not sure what to expect...probably that I need to start wearing glasses most of the day now as I do a lot of concentrating on screens with large spreadsheets but the headaches can come at anytime not just at work.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
As your newly diagnosed it all could be stress related Laura, if the headaches continue then do see your gp.