Bells Palsy

C

chris lowe

Hope the appointment goes well, Sounds like things are slowly improving. Keep up the good work :)

Reactions: 2 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Been to the ENT this morning.She examined my nose and held a tuning fork under my nose and got me to breath in and out through my nose a couple of times and said that it was something that would get better in time and to use a spray once per day for the next 6 weeks then stop using it for 6 weeks and shed see me again in 3 months time.So hopefully by then i will have shown some improvement :)

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Went to the eye clinic yesterday.Doctor was pleased with my progress and said if i have any probs to go see my GP otherwise im signed off.Wish the nasal job was as easy.Thats not shifting as fast.

C

chris lowe

That's good news with the eyes. I'm sure the nose will sort itself with time. Patience is a virtue, as they say :)

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Week 6 of using the Avamys and so far no results my nasal passages are the same.I now gotta stop using it at the end of this week and hopefully get an appointment through the post to see the ENT lady in 6 weeks time.Its not interfering with my life so i guess just soldier on and hope that one day it will pass.Everything else is fine though.My left eye sometimes gets irritated by bright light but nowhere near as bad as it used to at the start of Bells.

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi John,
Sorry to hear about your situation, but hopefully you'll get through it quickly, my reason for contacting you is to suggest a way to make an eye patch, as I had an eye infection and had a problem finding a patch, so I used a Measuring Spoon with the handle cut off and a hole place opposite eachother, then tie a length of Elastic so it is held comfortably against the eye. I hope this is helpful. Stemar, (Downunder)

Reactions: 4 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi John,
Sorry to hear about your situation, but hopefully you'll get through it quickly, my reason for contacting you is to suggest a way to make an eye patch, as I had an eye infection and had a problem finding a patch, so I used a Measuring Spoon with the handle cut off and a hole place opposite eachother, then tie a length of Elastic so it is held comfortably against the eye. I hope this is helpful. Stemar, (Downunder)

Hi Stemar thanks for the suggestions much appreciated.Im not too bad now at the moment with my eyes.Much better than they were at the start of the Bells. Just wish it was as easy to sort the nasal job out but im coping pretty well with it all. Can be a long drawn out job some people i know on a forum have still got Bells 3 years on. Id like to hope im over it long before then :)

Reactions: 4 people

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi John,
I'm glad to read your eye's are getting better, as I know how off putting it can be when your having a problem with the eyes. Also I'm glad you didn't need to use the Measuring Spoon as you should of seen the looks I got when I had to wear it, but I would rather get over an eye infection and look silly, as peoples looks are only for a fleeting moment, the loss of sight would be devistating. Anyway Good Luck with your recovery.

Stemar, (Downunder)