Benefits for Diabetic gastro pareisis?

Mala21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, & diabetic gastro pareisis
Hi, Im a new member. Just wanted to ask if anyone knows about having diabetic gastro pareisis,(DGP) and claiming the higher rate of personal independent payment? Can i claim pip due to my diagnosis of DGP, Chronic Pancreatitis, Peripheral neuropathy, Microalbuminuria, Anxiety and Type 3c diabetes. I work part time but im finding its getting alot harder recently i dont want to leave my job but ive been told by my friends that i should put a claim in but im really unsure what to do. Can anyone help me out with this please? Thanks for taking the time out to read this

• Hug
Reactions: Pipp

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi welcome to the forum :)

PIP isn’t awarded for conditions as such but more how your day to day living is affected by any difficulties arising from the conditions. It’s can difficult to get a successful claim but not impossible. It’s a series of questions that you get points for and you have to get a certain amount of points to qualify.

If you go ahead and fill a form in remember to always use your worst day as a guide e,g. If you struggle with stairs sometimes make sure you explain your worst time. Citizens Advice are very good in helping fill the forms in with you, you just need to make an appointment. Also the website below is very good for guidance as to wording and which things score points etc.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

@Mala21 , This, page from the site mentioned by @lovinglife is relevant to your query, as long as you are in UK, and is free to access.

• Informative
Reactions: Antje77