Birthday cake help

Richie69rowe

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi my 8 year old daughter was newly diagnosed type 1 b4 christmas now we have a problem we have a birthday coming up and need cake ideas and no shop bought cake is low enough.
Please help recipes or what cakes are good enough thanks

Reactions: 2 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/
Hello. From the above website I made a chocolate & coconut cheesecake before Xmas and one slice at a time doesn't spike me. Or you may find something else suitable from the recipes there. I put the cheesecake in the freezer cos it's so rich-tasting and I have 3 slices left.

Reactions: 2 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Chocolate éclairs can also be found in the frozen food dept. of most super markets, depending on make about 5 - 6 carbs each one :)
When I saw this post I thought "YOU MUST BE JOKING"!! So I checked it out, and hey, guess what.........................
eclairs.jpg
eclair nutrition.JPG
Sorry for doubting you CarbsRock:happy:

These are on my shopping list now

Last edited by a moderator:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi my 8 year old daughter was newly diagnosed type 1 b4 christmas now we have a problem we have a birthday coming up and need cake ideas and no shop bought cake is low enough.
Please help recipes or what cakes are good enough thanks

As she is a T1, and as it's one day, couldn't her insulin be adjusted to cover the carbs in her birthday cake?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
You are more than welcome :D Just peeved I can't eat them now as coeliac :(

Reactions: 4 people

Richie69rowe

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
As she is a T1, and as it's one day, couldn't her insulin be adjusted to cover the carbs in her birthday cake?
We are still learning all about the adjusting of insulin as her results are still really high they want us to stay safe we have lots of great help from our local diabetes nurses. Thanks for reply

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Don't you worry yourself about that, after all we're all friends on here and we all try to help each other out, so I'll eat yours:D:D
:p I can go off of some people ;)