bit confused

davehead28

hi this morning before breakfast 11.4 reading had 2 boiled eggs lettice onion toms with oil and vinegar. went 5 mile brisk walk swam 40 lemghts came home BS 8.04 .had a bagel smoke salmon phil low cheese checked bs 2/ hours later back to 11.4 .im usinga glucomen new testing machine. my bs never been this high. i swim 3-4 times week and walk 5 miles to pool. i feel fine so i was shocked when saw readings. i ve got my annual blood test soon . i take metformin. rampiril for blood pressure which is borderline. lost 4 stone plus any asvice would be welcome thanks dave

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
this morning before breakfast 11.4 reading had 2 boiled eggs lettice onion toms with oil and vinegar. went 5 mile brisk walk swam 40 lemghts came home BS 8.04
Looks like the walking and swimming dropped you very nicely. :)
came home BS 8.04 .had a bagel smoke salmon phil low cheese checked bs 2/ hours later back to 11.4
Looks like the carbs in the bagel raised you 3 mmol/l.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You seem to be doing everything correct, congrats on that weight loss.
I see you're due your labs soon, ask the surgery nurse to add fating insulin or c-peptide to that panel.
It may indicate if you are producing enough insulin in a fasted state.

ThoseRainyDays

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi this morning before breakfast 11.4 reading had 2 boiled eggs lettice onion toms with oil and vinegar. went 5 mile brisk walk swam 40 lemghts came home BS 8.04 .had a bagel smoke salmon phil low cheese checked bs 2/ hours later back to 11.4 .im usinga glucomen new testing machine. my bs never been this high. i swim 3-4 times week and walk 5 miles to pool. i feel fine so i was shocked when saw readings. i ve got my annual blood test soon . i take metformin. rampiril for blood pressure which is borderline. lost 4 stone plus any asvice would be welcome thanks dave

I agree with Antje77, the rise to 11.4 is more than likely the carbs in the bagel. I personally wouldn't be able to eat bread/bagels as it would also raise my bg an unacceptable (to me) amount.

I can't see on your profile what type of diabetes you have i.e Type 1 or Type 2 but if you're a Type 2, going low carb may well help reduce your bg. Well done on the weight loss!

davehead28

type 2 managed for ages diet only. still high had upset stomach could be why so high. most of time do low carb. hardly ever have bread loads salad veg eggs fish chicken. downfall is a curry