BL Meters

dwelldon

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been given a new meter a verio one touch by my GP, the previous one worked fine but they decided to give me this new verio one touch as it had new features.

I have been using it for past few months but I am concerned that it isn't that accurate. I have had a few occassions when I thought thats odd my blood sugar is high according to this meter. So having some strips left for the other meter I test with that and often it is up 2.0 difference.

This is surely not right, what are your thoughts?

The other meter is nexus glyco rx

Any thoughts appreciated.

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
Only way to know is test against a control solution also remember strip calibration goes off with age after opening

TomGreen101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
That doesn't surprise me. I've used atleast 15 different meters and even when using the same blood sources, I find I. Get 2+- differences . They can have 20% variance in readings.
Test with the control liquid as mentioned. See if it falls within the acceptable range for the meter. I've tested several and non failed. If I get a reading I question, I retest.

dwelldon

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thats what I thought tbh. I will speak to the chemist about getting some control solution.

Cheers

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used the OneTouch Verio meter for about 2-3 weeks while fighting with my insurance company (I'm in the US) to approve coverage for my AccuChek Aviva Expert meter. It's been the worst meter (the Verio) I've ever owned. It was so inaccurate that I was testing AT LEAST 2-3 times at once and averaging the readings together. I also have experience with two different OneTouch Ultra meters and have the same feelings about those too. Terrible products if you ask me.

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
Thats what I thought tbh. I will speak to the chemist about getting some control solution.

Cheers
You can get control solution off Amazon or what and some meter manufacturers will supply it for free.
I have tried quite a few meters the only types I trust in the middle range which is of most interest to a T2 are the SD Codefree and my Bayer Contour Next.
My original Code free recently started suffering with a problem logging the correct time replacement batteries didn't cure it so I bought a replacement and it is giving readings that exactly agree with the unit it replaced.

dwelldon

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have seen the control solution on amazon / ebay, but I will send an email to the manufacturer and see what they say.

The problem is that I am stuck with what the doctor / diabetes centre in the UK give me. I can't afford to be buying my own strips / machine

TomGreen101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
All meters have to pass gov't tests. I find hugh variations even with the same meter and same blood drop. The technology just isn't 100% yet. The important thing is to not over react to readings. I had a 14.5 reading then on the same drop of blood and meter a 9.9 a few seconds later.
I have the Verio & Verio IQ and liked both of them.