Blood disorders

Awiiiiin

Hi I have a question I have done so many CBC blood tests and now my doctor referred me to a hematologist BCS my WBC, LYM, GRA, RBC, PLT and P-LCR are high and I have low MCV and MCH and read an article that maybe it's autoimmune related what do you guys think I'm kind of scared I mean like diabetes isn't enough I'm scared if I have a blood cancer

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Awiiiiin , Haematologists see and treat all sorts of blood and immune conditions, not just blood cancers.
I have an autoimmune condition blood disorder, that is benign, and treated by medication. So I don’t even need to see a haematologist on a regular basis anymore.
Rather than read articles and scare yourself, can you not ask the doctor or haematologist what all the tests mean? It may not be as bad as you are imagining.

Awiiiiin

@Awiiiiin , Haematologists see and treat all sorts of blood and immune conditions, not just blood cancers.
I have an autoimmune condition blood disorder, that is benign, and treated by medication. So I don’t even need to see a haematologist on a regular basis anymore.
Rather than read articles and scare yourself, can you not ask the doctor or haematologist what all the tests mean? It may not be as bad as you are imagining.
Well my tests are due next week so I was kind of overthinking it I guess

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well my tests are due next week so I was kind of overthinking it I guess
No wonder, you are bound to be worried. Just sometimes it is easy to get carried away with the internet scare stories.
Hope all goes well for you.