Blood pressure after dietary changes

Paul41

I was found to be pre diabetic in July 23. After feeling lost and confused I embarked on a low carb lifestyle.
Just recently I had an a1C test which came back as 38 which I’m chuffed about. I’m also over 15kgs lighter than I was in July, still some to go but it’s good.

I’ve also been on medication for a couple of years for raised BP. I had been concentrating on BG but since the a1C test I’ve been taking BP readings. I have started to feel light headed sometimes in the morning, and I know why as my BP has dropped. This Morning I was 110/70.

So on Monday I’ve an appointment with the GP with regards to changing or stopping the medication. We will also discuss my plans at 66 to to a CT5K.

Not so bad

Dancing Badger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was found to be pre diabetic in July 23. After feeling lost and confused I embarked on a low carb lifestyle.
Just recently I had an a1C test which came back as 38 which I’m chuffed about. I’m also over 15kgs lighter than I was in July, still some to go but it’s good.

I’ve also been on medication for a couple of years for raised BP. I had been concentrating on BG but since the a1C test I’ve been taking BP readings. I have started to feel light headed sometimes in the morning, and I know why as my BP has dropped. This Morning I was 110/70.

So on Monday I’ve an appointment with the GP with regards to changing or stopping the medication. We will also discuss my plans at 66 to to a CT5K.

Not so bad
Well done on your BG level.. Your BP reading is what's described as optimal, so your level of BP medication seems to be spot on and not in need of titration. A reading of or under 90/60 is low.

Reactions: Omar51 and Paul41

Paul41

Well done on your BG level.. Your BP reading is what's described as optimal, so your level of BP medication seems to be spot on and not in need of titration. A reading of or under 90/60 is low.

Thank you .

Yes I know the BP of 110/70
Is on the nail but that’s today where I’m still overweight and on medication .

Also when I felt light headed was when I was on my morning walks.

Hence speaking to my GP. My hope is to come off medication slowly of course .
Cheers

Michellenz

Not so bad

My bp went from 165/115 to 125/75 over the several years I lost weight, mostly from low carb (28kg).

Personally, as well as lightheaded, I get angina when my bp is much lower, (i have severe heart disease, and too low means my blood doesn’t pass oxygen to my heart muscles as effectively).

So, well done for getting to normal range and losing weight. And yes, it probably means you need a lower dose of bp medication. All our bodies are different, if you are feeling lightheaded, it means your body needs more bp!

Reactions: Paul41

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Yes my bp dropped drastically and my gp agreed there was no need for me to continue my bp meds. I was also happy to come off the to be honest as I was feeling light headed when my weight dropped. I no longer get the whooshy noise in my ears when I bend down which used to scare the **** out me when my bp was high.

Reactions: Paul41 and EllieM