Blood suger and steroid.

Nooch1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For the pass month a half I've been on a reducing dose of steroid for asthma but my sugar seem to be going up my highest today at 16.9! Which is highly for me I've got novo rapid flexpen if suger go over 20 DN are saying they are think about introducing regular insulin to my treatment. only currently on gliclazide 160 twice a day and sitagliptin 100mg in the morning what should I do

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
For the pass month a half I've been on a reducing dose of steroid for asthma but my sugar seem to be going up my highest today at 16.9! Which is highly for me I've got novo rapid flexpen if suger go over 20 DN are saying they are think about introducing regular insulin to my treatment. only currently on gliclazide 160 twice a day and sitagliptin 100mg in the morning what should I do
According to your other thread you are transitioning onto regular insulin? I think you should ask about that, as it will likely help a lot. Here's my reply to your other thread, not sure if you saw it:
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/not-feeling-well.84116/#post-946659

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hey there. I've got asthma too. Are you taking predinsilone(?)? That has a terrible effect and affect on my asthma. I had to about double my normal dose of insulin!! Doctors at hospitals are sometimes a little too quick to prescribe that medication to diabetics I think. You MIGHT be able to get by on an inhaled steroid like salbutamol, it's a pink inhaler called a 'preventer' and it's quite regularly prescribed to asthmatics. This has no effect on bg at all. Can I ask why you were presribed steroids? A bad asthma attack?
Salbutamol is ventolin, which is a reliever and is a blue inhaler. Preventer inhalers come in many colours - orange, brown, red, purple, green etc.