Breaking news......housewife finds the answer to low B.G...

chocoholic

Well, I've just discovered how to get the blood glucose levels down big time!!!
Take one paint roller and throw yourself into decorating! I always do the decorating in our house and am very fussy and energetic too. Having finally reached the day of applying emulsion, I've been at it all day, in the kitchen.(The decorating, I mean,you dirty-minded lot!) Readings been around 4-5 mark all day but when I took a break for a cheese sandwich at tea-time, after two units of insulin..........half hour later I felt a slight wobble when balanced on the ladder and found my reading was 2.6!!!!!
Covered in paint I grabbed the nearest thing I could find. I wonder what the neighbours would think if they had seen me sitting amongst the paint pots with a pot of glace cherries!!!!

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
I'm in desperate need of a decorator are you busy next week :?:

chocoholic

Well, my rates are very reasonable. I only request the odd pot of glace cherries or two but I think I shall be busy having a lie down next week, Graham. Need some "recovery" time methinks!

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
I'll take that as a no then Karen :( :( :(

chocoholic said:
Well, my rates are very reasonable. I only request the odd pot of glace cherries or two but I think I shall be busy having a lie down next week, Graham. Need some "recovery" time methinks!

jopar

cocoholic

How well did the glace cherries work?

My decoratating :roll:

Mistake No1

Deciding that I wanted to take the artitrate back to wood in my hall way, which has 6 doors leading off it (the doors make the most wall area in the hall)

Mistake No2

Deciding that I didn't want to use chenmcals to achieve my finish and decided on a heat gun!

Mistake No3

Deciding that I would redecorate the hall in summer!

So ended up up and down the ladder sweating like a goodun having to test becasue I wasn't sure that I was just gettting hot with the heat or having a hypo :roll: :roll: :lol:

Mind you it was worth the effort that I out into it, hall looks lovely indeed :lol:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
My living room ceiling goes up to 11 feet high in the middle, How long would it take to get here?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Ironing doesn't work for me, because I stand the steam generator iron upright and waft the shirts in front of it. touch up collars and cuffs and they're done.

chocoholic

Hi Graham........you won't persuade a girl to do your decorating if you can't remember her name you know.... :lol: I'm Gill. Though hubby does call me other unrepeatable names when I annoy him!!!

graham64

Dislikes
Sorry :oops: :oops: :oops: Shirley, its my age I get so confused these days :roll: :roll: :roll:

chocoholic said:
Hi Graham........you won't persuade a girl to do your decorating if you can't remember her name you know.... :lol: I'm Gill. Though hubby does call me other unrepeatable names when I annoy him!!!

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
SarahQ said:
Carol11 said:
Ironing works too

No swearing on the forum please :mrgreen:

LOL

I have not and will not iron ... the exception to the rule was putting iron-in labels in my son's new school uniform (he's 4.5 bless him) and I had to ask my hubby how to work the iron *oh the shame* noooooooooot!

J/x

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
well, we've been together 18 years and he's always done any ironing that needed doing (including back in my management days when I needed blouses hahaha) ... he's really not under the thumb whatsoever, a very typical of the species, hogs the remote, skips channels whilst you're watching, leaves the loo seat up, couldn't perform a weekly shop if his life depended on it, doesn't know how to use the washing machine (I could go on!) oh I will - he leaves his pants in a heap on the floor ... lol ... but ironing? me? NEVER!