Camp

ivm18

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
hello all,
Just want to share my son's experience at the camp held last week. His experienced was a big help to us, he became much stronger and determined to control his diabetes, and not the diabetes control him! At the camp they had many activities and fun games, they had also fellowship night together with almost hundreds of participants, during his stay he was able to text me his reading everynight before going to bed and his reading ranges from 4.3 to 5.9 Yey! he won an award for best in glucose control and his group won Best group of the year! lots of prizes and healthy food for them after the awarding. I must say it was hard and painful for us at the beggining but I know in my heart my son will succeed in life inspite of his illness. he always tells us. my diabetes is always at the backseat I am the one whos in control of the steering wheel of my life.
thank you for taking time to read! :)

Reactions: 5 people

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Lovely story, you sound really proud of him, well done.

Reactions: 2 people

ivm18

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Our health group support was very proud of him as well. x

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Give him a big pat on the back from me; what a hero. It must be very difficult when you are young, bad enough when you are old like me!!!! By keeping on track he is ensuring a much healthier future.

ivm18

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
I will, thanks Arab horse! I consider this forum and people in here as my big support too! THANK YOU. :)

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The camp trips kids can go on are amazing I went when I think I was 11 and loved it, at that age it's so much fun doing things and not being the odd one out that needs to do a bg test & inject. Really pleased for your son @ivm18

ivm18

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks a lot @Mrsass
my son is looking forward for another camp soon! he can't get over with his nice experienced. x