Carb counting Apps

MadMat

Could I ask what apps people re using to count carbs? I used to use my fitness Pal, but have recently logged back in and found that they have put the barcode scanner behind the paywall.
I've d/loaded and tested MyNetDiary, but I'm finding it's database is very inaccurate, the carbs shown in the app are not matching whats on the packets I've scanned in a lot of cases.
So looking for a free app, preferably with a free barcode scanner :)

TIA

Mat

Reactions: jpscloud

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have to admit in 10 years I’ve not used anything. Just done the maths, recorded on a bit of paper totted up totals and injected accordingly. Most items have carbs per 100 on the back. For finding out unknown items I tend to ask Alexa.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I still use MFP including the scanner, and I'm a free user. Maybe I have an update to install that's going to break it for me. I've tried a couple other apps, but the database for MFP is much more extensive than others I've used.

aris

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When MFP went all paywall, i moved to Lose It!. I don't track at the moment, but it is OK. They do try to upsell you on some features, like intermittent fasting etc, and are always offering 50 or even 75% off. May or may not be worth it for you - for standard functionality it is still free (for now).

Reactions: MadMat

aris

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
**** - you are right. They changed it too. Wasn't like that when I last used it a year or more ago.

I suppose there is no free lunch any more.

sodium69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys, I use the fit bit app. The scanner works for alot of UK products, is free and the macro's are reasonably accurate. Well worth a look.