Cellnovo - Pump of the Future?

FirstClass

Dislikes
Sugar! :(
photonewnownext192large.jpg

Well I searched the forum and couldn't really find a topic about the upcoming insulin pump which is produced by a UK company called Cellnovo. I'm sorry if there is already a topic about this or anything related this kind of stuff. I've been searching and looking for the properties of this device for the last 2 weeks. I'm so excited about it that I want to come to UK and rush into the company office.

They are actually making a pump with every feature you could ever want till now. The system is made of 2 parts. First part is the actual pump which connects to your body a lot easier than any other pump in the market right now. You'll probably never have to take it off because of mis angle or anything related to the pump. I'm not sure how they actually solved those problems but It seems like they are really ambitious about it. This pump also have a built in accelerometer which also records and stores the activity.
Second part is where the fun begins for all of us I think. Omnipod has the exact system on it but this is MUCH MUCH better than anything that omnipod can do. The remote control device is a touchscreen, cellphone like device!!! Doesn't that even excite you? Imagine carrying a second phone with you because this is the exact same thing. The huge diffrence between the omnipod device and this is not just the touchscreen. This thing has an Iphone like UI which has lots of built in or downloadable programs that you can use to increase your comfort and usability on your pump. After you get this thing you'll just throw your glucose meter out of the window! This thing can also work as a glucose meter via the port near the device. So -1 on the stuff you carry with you everyday. In fact, you'll probably just put the pump on you, get the device, get a needle and a few stripes and go out! No need for a bag full of stuff that you'll probably won't use or can't carry.

For those who doesn't like to take their pumps or needles out of their pockets, this thing looks exactly like a phone. So when you take it out and set the bolus, it'll just look like you are texting. Which is absolutely great.

I have been researching for the best pump for myself as I've been a type 1 diabetic for 1.5 year and I must tell that I don't like to jab myself before every meal and I also have to eat on the exact hours everyday. I hate doing that. The pump seems like giving the flexibility on the dining hours. You can eat whenever you want ( in reasonable amounts of course :D ). Also while you are eating, the device has the greatest carb calculator as the menu for all those other pumps are pretty hard to control. Because that this thing is touch screened, It'd take a few seconds to calculate the carbs and put it in your pocket where it is safe again.

Only thing I'd hate about this thing is that I might actually forget it somewhere.

In conclusion, I'm so excited about this thing. I'll absolutely gonna give it a try. It looks like it is the pump of the future. :wink:

For more info:
http://www.cellnovo.com

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
oh I really hope this thing has it's wireless abilities well locked down, given the relative ease with which "similar looking devices" have their functionality compromised...

(ps do you work for this company perchance?!)

FirstClass

Dislikes
Sugar! :(
Not really. I'm in Turkey as you see -.-. I'd love to work there and get one of those though...I hope it won't be that much expensive when it is released.

Also i think the wireless is pretty locked down. I read about 20 pages about this thing and somewhere I think I read something about a unique ID that every pump uses so that you wouldn't get any problems like that. :wink: