Checking during the night.

Blondie153

My daughter has her pump two months now and we are still doing at least 3 checks during the night. I was wondering is now the norm. We are uploading results on the care link and the dsn reviews and adjusts accordingly. We then are still making corrections as the pattern seems to change constantly as you know no two days are the same especially in this weather. Just wondering if anyone can see a light at the end of the tunnel as it is tough keeping this up and going to work, any advice?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ash86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello,
Have you asked the DSN about maybe borrowing a CGM from the hospital for a week or so? I've read that some hospitals do this. It will help you get a better view of what her BG is doing all through the night. :D

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I think things will settle down but it will take time. The other thing I have found is that there are so many variables that affect blood sugars as I'm sure that you find with your daughter - exercise, growth hormones, eating out etc.
I have to be honest that 18 months in I still test once a night at 3am. Hopefully when things settle down (mine took about 3 months to get the nights right) you will find that you may only need to test once if at all. It's the changes in our own bodies which has a knock on affect on daily blood sugars that is so so frustrating as it's not something you can control or plan for. Al the best.