Chia seed pudding

Roxanne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, have recently climbed back on the wagon after falling off yet again and getting an HBA1C of 8.4 :sour:

I have been making chia seed pudding with coconut milk and lemon extract but fancy making some chocolate orange flavour, can anyone tell me if this Dr Oetker cocoa powder is ok, or can recommend me another one that is suitable..
Screenshot_20230612_094212_Asda.jpg

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It depends how much you are going to use and how many carbs you allow yourself per meal or per day. The only sure fire way to know if it’s ok for you is to test before and after to see what it does to your BS. Assuming you aren’t going to use 100g all at once , a level tablespoon (15g) would be approx 1.3g carb - a level teaspoon (5g) is approx 0.5g of carbs- that for me personally would be totally acceptable and I would use it. Other here may not

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Menier cocoa powder which has slightly higher carbs than your Dr Oetker brand for my baking, etc and have no issues with this, so I'd agree with @lovinglife that it should be Ok. But I'd also be looking at what was to be used for the orange flavour, too.