• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Coca Cola and Sauces Safe ?

It's a good job we're not allowed fish and chips with salt and vinegar....................................slide the slider to 5.45

 
Gin is another!!!! I clean my diamond rings in gin, as did my mum and her mum before her. Just pop them in a glass, leave them over night. No need to rub. They come out sparkling clean.
Blimey
Another thing learned here

Wonder what coffee does in the tummy ?
Anyone know ?
I do drink a few cups a day of this .
 
Lemon too
I LOVE lemon slices in water too .
Hot or cold water .

Even lemon slices with a slim line tonic water ?
Duh - This isn't 'fair'

Oranges ? Limes ?
Safe ?
Probably not because they are acidic
 
It's a good job we're not allowed fish and chips with salt and vinegar....................................slide the slider to 5.45

Thankfully I use neither of these .
These strip it all off big style .
Would love the shiny money but not these effects happening
within my own body .
Ugh - well queasy feeling after seeing these effects
 
YEAH?? and how does that work please

It stains the wood coffee coloured, and the lighter stains take up the coffee colour, the unstained wood is darker already.

It does work, depending on the stain.
 
Or buy an expensive oil !!!!!!
I had to at christmas .....tried the coffee trick ....
 
Interesting - what type of coffee
will do certain shade of woods ?

Diamonds soaked in Gin
Now this I am going to give this one a whirl .
Love my diamonds all sparkle and bling
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting - what type of coffee
will do certain shade of woods ?

Diamonds soaked in Gin
Now this I am going to give a try .
Love my diamonds all sparkle and bling

It depends on the wood, the finish, the colours of the wood and the coffee, tea will work at well, or at @Kat100 has said, you may need an oil based stain, rather than a water based one.
But if you try water first, and it doesn't work, you can try oil.
If you try oil, and it doesn't work, you can't then try the water on the now oiled surface.

Oddly enough, we've just cleared a table with a few mug rings i need to try this very thing on this weekend!
 
Interesting - what type of coffee
will do certain shade of woods ?

Diamonds soaked in Gin
Now this I am going to give a try .
Love my diamonds all sparkle and bling
If you drink enough of the Gin, your diamonds would probably look pretty good any way.
I dip my paste encrusted rings in petrol.......................does the job!
 
If you drink enough of the Gin, your diamonds would probably look pretty good any way.
I dip my paste encrusted rings in petrol.......................does the job!
LOL
Why don't jewellers use gin to clean diamonds?
Temptation to sup it instead possible ?
 
Had a quick go.

Before




After





It's an old table, probably from the 40's that belonged to my mother in law, so we want to keep it looking aged, and mottled, but not destroyed.

A mixture of initially tea, then a filter coffee, including the grounds, scrubbed lightly into the surface with a stainless steel scourer.

After that, it was left to dry, lightly sanded, and a good application of linseed old, followed by a light french polish, and an application of a hard wax polish, done with kitchen towel, rather than a polishing cloth, as the table still has some years of ingrained dirt, and a bit of grain, the duster would drag and leave threads behind, whereas the coarser kitchen towel takes the coarse edge off the surface, and gives a smoother finish.
 
Bloody hell, that is a great finish. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
 
I like a little bit of HP on my well grilled or oven baked bacon n egg .
Really ? "TUT" - another thing to give up on then .

I'm sure brown sauce has wheat/gluten in it anna, I haven't eaten it for over two years now.

RRB
 
I'm sure brown sauce has wheat/gluten in it anna, I haven't eaten it for over two years now.

RRB
- EEEEEKKKKK !
Never even thought to check the label on the back of bottle
Feel a tad stupid now !
Have learned a heap load of info on this thread alone today .

Bless you - for pointing this one out RRB .
Any more pointers or factors like this .
Feel free to 'chuck them my way'
I wont mind in the least . x
Can only live and learn more 'eh

WOW - this forum is AMAZING
Learnt loads today .
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn More.…