confused

martina

Hello everyone, my daughters levels have really been all over the place recently. I find weekends very difficult. Yesterday her sugars didn't get above 5.0 all day with a few hypo's. Yet today the levels are high, I haven't been able to get them below 15. set change done and corrections given. I would also bet that tomorrow her levels go back to normal. I just wondered if anyone else finds weekends like this as there is no obvious reason for her levels to be high. Most of our weekends are like this and its driving us mad.

Dazza1984

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Think about activity levels. I bet weekends are more sedentary than week days? During the week when I am at work (8-8 most days) my BG levels rarely go above 8, whereas if I have a casual wknd I can sometimes get to double figs. Also pay attention to when eating and how much. So, for example a packed lunch usually will have less food in it compared to having access to food cupboards in the kitchen etc.

Try doing a wknd where you go on a bike ride together, or to the swimming pool and I bet the BG levels will be more acceptable.