Covid antibody test on the nhs

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is available, for some selected groups, via this website now https://www.gov.uk/register-coronavirus-antibody-test. The ZOE app is also doing some testing and gives eligibility to the main nhs test.

It’s a test for antibodies caused by exposure to the virus itself, not a measure of antibodies in response to a vaccine and also doesn’t measure T cell immunity.

some who were unable to be tested for covid earlier may wish to see if they have infection induced antibodies now.

Jo123

I'm currently doing this via the zoe app.

However my friend had what she thought was covid very early on, when you weren't tested unless in hospital. She paid for a private antibody test last summer and had loads of antibodies! She's retested recently and had none of the antibodies that indicate you've had covid, they had all gone.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm currently doing this via the zoe app.

However my friend had what she thought was covid very early on, when you weren't tested unless in hospital. She paid for a private antibody test last summer and had loads of antibodies! She's retested recently and had none of the antibodies that indicate you've had covid, they had all gone.
Nothing lasts forever…..I’ve also heard of some having had covid very very earlier in the pandemic and still having a strong level of antibodies now. Other never having shown any. It’s very individual. It’s also where T cell response might be relevant but I think that’s only available in Harley street privately, and maybe severely immune compromised patients via their consultants.

I’m waiting on my results now. Can’t believe how long it took to collect the blood into the vial though. It took 3 fingers and bruising afterwards that I never normally get from fingerpricks.