"Crashing out"

owensmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,

Random question... But is it normal to feel like your "crashing out". I can feel myself getting sleepier and sleepier and I keep zoning out. I haven't got my first clinic appointment til next week so I don't know if this is normal! :***:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It could be because you bs is high I used to feel like this constantly before I was diagnosed - now only get it if I go over 8 which is very rare these days.

Do you have a meter to check your what your levels are when you are feeling this way?

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
owensmum said:
Hi,

Random question... But is it normal to feel like your "crashing out". I can feel myself getting sleepier and sleepier and I keep zoning out. I haven't got my first clinic appointment til next week so I don't know if this is normal! :***:

Yes pretty normal. As your sugars come down your body has to adjust to getting energy from elsewhere. It's another way of it moaning about losing its lovely sugar supply. I found it gradually got better over the weeks although I still have some problems with trying not to fall asleep after my main meal.

owensmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
lovinglife said:
It could be because you bs is high I used to feel like this constantly before I was diagnosed - now only get it if I go over 8 which is very rare these days.

Do you have a meter to check your what your levels are when you are feeling this way?

I don't have anything I'm afraid. I haven't had my first appointment yet. :(