Daily Readings

sandy123

Hi, New to Diabetes and still trying to understand the short and long term effects of sugar levels. My Diabetic Nurse sounds like she is going to be a great help, however there is only so much you can ask, without becoming a pain in the rear.
My levels are mostly 9 or 10 in the mornings rising to between 13 and 15 late in the day before my evening meal.
I am taking 1 metformin 500mg before my evening meal.
Where can I find the information in order to come to a realistic balance and control my diabetes.
Thank you

Hi Sandy,

I think you've already found a place full of the information you need!

If you are recently diagnosed, you have a great opportunity to address your diabetes with your diet. I'm type 1, so I'll always need insulin, but many T2's can find that their need for medication is greatly reduced and their blood sugars normalised if they avoid the foods which exaccerbate the condition.

All the best,

fergusc

Ellen

I started a walking regime when my sugar went up a couple of years ago. I walked 30 mins on five days of the week and it bought my sugar level down by a whole point without any other changes. I felt much better for it too! I had become inactive because I was sitting a lot with my son who has CFS and he was particularly poorly at that time.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Sandy,

I have no medical qualifications but it looks to me a no-brainer that you should be on metformin morning and evening. One evening tablet is obviously helping to control your evening meal blood sugars, but your body obviously needs some help in dealing with your morning and lunch carbohydrate intake. Your pre-evening meal levels should be the same as your morning ones.