Day 1 of pumping

Mrsstevo2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking on this forum for a while. I have finally plucked up the courage to introduce myself and say hi!
I am 27 and have been type 1 for 15 years (rebelled for 10) have been on MDI for 11 years and started Metformin around a year ago... yesterday I finally got my pump fitted. I see this as a positive challenge and I am looking forward to learning everything about it. I have the accu-check insight, which so far I quite like (after 20 hours )
I realise it will be a fairly long process to sort out rates etc but just wondered if anyone had any tips for a smooth stable and speedy transition from pens to pump?

Thanks for reading ✌

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hello and welcome to the forum, best tip I can offer is buy the book pumping insulin by John Walsh and sort your basal out first.

Reactions: 6 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi and welcome to the forum @Mrsstevo2014.

The book that @CarbsRok mentions is an excellent book and I learnt loads from reading it, have a good read around the Insulin Pump and Type 1 sections of the forum and any questions do come back and ask, there's some knowledgeable and experienced pump users on the forum who will always try and help wherever possible.

Reactions: 2 people