Definition of Dawn Phenomenon

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting. I find it difficult to sleep earlier than midnight, but if I do get my head down a couple of hours earlier I shall watch for an early morning rise!
Depends on a lot of variables for me.

Pending on what am I getting up for. My work days are a little more structured & more likely to see this happen.?
Has it been a late night with alcohol. Weekends..
What my basal is doing.. I tend to inject it between 21.30 & 22.00.

It would be interesting to find out the perspective of a pump user, who might have a set up to change basal rates at different times of day?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It would be interesting to find out the perspective of a pump user, who might have a set up to change basal rates at different times of day?
I think everyone with a pump will change basal rates at different times of the day (unless they have HCL which does it for them). I thought that was the poi t if a pump.

I have two main basal patterns - "standard" and "exercise". "Exercise" is used 24 hours post intensive exercise (raising my heart rate for at least 20 minutes). This basal patterns is 20% less basal .and NO rise is in basal for DP. My standard pattern starts to increase basal from 4am to keep my BG stable until I wake. I do not experience FotF.