Approved Diabetes and Depression

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good questionnaire but hard to complete on my mobile phone. Qualtrics seems very slow and buggy.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is a good questionnaire. We had a similar survey on here that also aimed at linking cognitive states to diabetes outcomes. One thing you need to be careful of. On the page where you ask questions about how to control diabetes and prevent complications, some of the options you give are disputed and controversial, particularly among users of this site. Eg "eat a low fat diet", "eat a low salt diet". This is NHS advice but you will find a lot of users on this site who dispute whether that NHS advice is correct and properly evidence based. Possibly you should add a response type along the lines "I believe this advice is wrong". On those pages you are probably trying to test compliance based on attitude or on comprehension of medical advice. What you will fail to detect is people who do comprehend the medical advice but disagree with on an informed and educated basis.

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Can you tell us more about the new type of therapy you like to put forward

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Interesting questions.
No "I want to eat more fat...FAT I TELL YOU...FAT!!!" box to tick, though ;-)

Minor glitch on Page 1 - if you answer "no problem" to all the questions it doesn't let you skip the next bit.

Reactions: 4 people