Diabetes

fantastic9888

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all. During this heatwave, I find that my insulin (Humalog mix 75/25) is lowering sugars very quickly so I'm cautious about injecting too much. I injected 9u in bed at night on discovering my sugars were 15mmol. In the morning it was 5.6. so that was a rapid drop. My sugars are a bit high but not overly high. This current heatwave will end on Monday so I can return to normal. I inject twice a day normally but now I'm injecting smaller amounts as I'm afraid of hypos. I've been classified as a type 2 diabetic who injects insulin. Any advice will be appreciated. Cheers Kevin...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all. During this heatwave, I find that my insulin (Humalog mix 75/25) is lowering sugars very quickly so I'm cautious about injecting too much. I injected 9u in bed at night on discovering my sugars were 15mmol. In the morning it was 5.6. so that was a rapid drop. My sugars are a bit high but not overly high. This current heatwave will end on Monday so I can return to normal. I inject twice a day normally but now I'm injecting smaller amounts as I'm afraid of hypos. I've been classified as a type 2 diabetic who injects insulin. Any advice will be appreciated. Cheers Kevin...

Hi Kevin,

what sort of time period are we talking about, between the 15mmol & 5.6?

How are you handling the day, BG wise?

As someone (T1.) who uses an MDI regime (separate basal & bolus.) I found the recent heatwave has made me more insulin sensitive than usual. (I’m pretty sensitive.)
So I hear you..

Unfortunately we can’t give advice on your dosage on the forum. But we are happy to hear how your current regime with what you have been prescribed, works for you. :)