.Engineer88 said:I am ****** off at having been yet again lumped into the unhealthily fast food eating stereotype of diabetes.
Engineer88 said:Im 9st and have been diabetic since 2 and a half. I was only ever fed home reared produce as my dad was a farmer and wasn't allowed any sweets because he is diabetic type 1 also. I never said genetics plays no part in type 2 only that lifestyle choices don't play ANY part in type 1.
Engineer88 said:Why meantion lifestyle choice? because thats what the OP was talking about!
Engineer88 said:I wasn't thinking about any other type other than defending my own. one which I've heard every stereotypical comment for in the last 23 years.
.Engineer88 said:I would like to point out I have never not supported anyone because of their type, and would always support people making the right choice for themselves wether that be low carb or medication changes.
Engineer88 said:"Your also very wrong in applying this to type 1's. We are diabetic from genetics not lifestyle choices."
[/quote] If you're so supportive of all types, then you missed the perfect opportunity to say so.Engineer88 said:I am ****** off at having been yet again lumped into the unhealthily fast food eating stereotype of diabetes.
Yorksman said:Weens12 said:I'm also aware of the theory that "food consumption which, in type 2 diabetics, can metabolically inhibit the beta cell function, ultimately leading to beta cell death" but don't accept that is the whole story. You seem very certain that it is.
"can metabolically inhibit the beta cell function"
Can infers neither certainty nor exclusivitity and if you know your way around the published literature you would realise that such a thing would not be possible, for virtually all studies into beta cell apoptosis are on rodents and those few which have been undertaken on humans have been post mortem and are by definition, already dead.
Nor is the statement mine which you seem to think it is. You will find the dead versus metabolically inhibited beta cell state in Dr Roy Taylor's Twin Cycle Hypothesis.
It seems to me that the main thrust of the Op's post was that (in the OP's opinion) and I'm paraphrasing here, that meddling with food by manufacturers caused diabetes Type 1 & 2. Whilst I don't agree with everything the OP said, I do agree that there is too much meddling with animal welfare, pesticides and food of all types, and this may be causing health issues in some susceptible members of the population.
Which I believe we both agree on don’t we? looking at type 1 ALONE because that’s the only type I have experience of I commented the OP was wrong to say type ones as being caused by eating unhealthy processed foods.Your also very wrong in applying this to type 1's. We are diabetic from genetics
I can understand you might be annoyed by that BUT I did not say this WAS the cause of any type of diabetes specifically or that there were no other causes of diabetes type 2 or otherwise. I defined lifestyle choices asnot lifestyle choices.
from the free dictionary. I understand it’s stereotypical but are the vast majority of diabetics looked upon as eating these unhealthy foods (the ones not on this site at least?)? Was that not OPs point that these foods contribute to diabetes?a set of attitudes, habits, or possessions associated with a particular person or group
Weens12 said:You didn't cite your source in your original post... so I had not way of knowing from where you conjured it up.
Engineer88 said:Weens12 firstly I would like to point out I never meant to offend anyone when I posted originally. I wasn’t best pleased by the post as you can tell and reacted out of that rather than clear thinking.
Engineer88 said:What I do want to say now though is I feel like you believe all types of diabetes are the same and have the same causes
Engineer88 said:What I was saying in my original post was
Your also very wrong in applying this to type 1's. We are diabetic from genetics
Which I believe we both agree on don’t we? looking at type 1 ALONE because that’s the only type I have experience of I commented the OP was wrong to say type ones as being caused by eating unhealthy processed foods.
Now onto my second comment about not lifestyle choices.
I can understand you might be annoyed by that BUT I did not say this WAS the cause of any type of diabetes specifically or that there were no other causes of diabetes type 2 or otherwise.
Engineer88 said:I defined lifestyle choices as a set of attitudes, habits, or possessions associated with a particular person or group from the free dictionary.
Engineer88 said:understand it’s stereotypical but are the vast majority of diabetics looked upon as eating these unhealthy foods (the ones not on this site at least?)? Was that not OPs point that these foods contribute to diabetes?
Engineer88 said:I really didn’t want to upset anyone as I said I was just speaking about my experience of the type one diabetes I have. My comment was not in relation to anyone else or any other type.
Yorksman said:Weens12 said:You didn't cite your source in your original post... so I had not way of knowing from where you conjured it up.
If there is doubt, ask a question. Don't make assumptions, seek clarification.
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?