Diabulimia

MarkhamP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a film student and have been a type 1 diabetic for 7 years now. I wanted to combine the two and remembered an article that I read a few years ago about diabulimia and have decided to research into the subject for a documentary. The documentary is for a university assignment and the purpose of it would be to raise awareness of diabulimia and how it effects the lives of those living with diabetes. It would be handled in a very sensitive and serious matter and at the moment it is in the research stage so I just wanted to get more of an insight into diabulimia from the position of people who have experiences with it. It would be extremely helpful if anyone would be willing to tell me their story or even answer some questions about their experiences with diabulimia. Any information that anyone can give me would be extremely helpful.

As this is a sensitive subject I hope not to offend anyone and greatly appreciate any input which is given!

MarkhamP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Pheonix,

Thank you, I completely understand! I have been in contact with them so hopefully they can help!

sonia76b

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Mark, if not too late I'd gladly help and answer any questions, I've been type 1 for 28 years and just overcoming diabullimia which involved not taking any short acting insulin for over two years, please contact me if you want to ask anything

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
hi - I also had this, mostly recoverd now although occasional lapses .PM me if you wanna get in touch