Diet Questions

ks2011

Hi All,

I've been Type 2 for around 3 years now. Generally things have been under control but my level's recently have risen (my own fault) but I'm getting into a rut I think with depression over not having anything nice to eat very often. I'm usually around 5.9-6.1 when waking up.

I found this board by googling about weetabix and read the thread and was OMG!!!. I have 3 weetabix in the morning with warm water, a splash of semi skimmed milk + a bit of canderel.

On a treat day would have beans on toast - my previous breakfast choice till I found out how many g's of sugar are in baked beans :( (my fav food).

Now here is the kicker. I don't like eggs/cheese/bacon. I dislike intently brown/wholemeal breads - tbh I prefer cardboard off a box. I'm a very finiky (sp) eater so have some big problems. I thought I was being good on cereal guess not.

So what do people generally have for breakfast. I can't get through till lunch without a decent amount of food tbh.

The other one is evening meal - I'm not a rice person - never have been. I've been for a long time eating veg (cauliflower,brocolli,carrots,peas,sprouts) + boiled pots and then baked fish/chicken etc. Now I read the pots are bad for me but I can't honestly say I would substitute it for me cauliflower.

So what are the alternatives or is it just rice (I see pasta is not recommended either).

I just get the feeling I'm one of these diabetics whose gonna end up living like a rabbit or something. I'm not vegetarian but whilst I'll eat a burger or pie I won't sit down to sunday roast etc (like I say finiky as my mum says).

Cheers All.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the Forum,

As you are a picky eater then you will have to work out which foods that you do like work for you in keeping your Bg controlled.

Get a Carb counter book and work out the carb values of the foods you like. Test before and two hours after a meal and keep a food diary, you will soon bulid up a list of foods that you can eat.

Although you are not a new Diabetic the Advice that Ken and I give new Diabetics may be of help. You can find it here :

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17088