different day, different reactions

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I wish I could work out all the factors affecting my blood sugars at any given time.

I had a very bad pain day yesterday where I had a spasm attack and had to leave work to come home so I could take a strong painkiller that would knock me out. I did that. My heart rate was the first to come down. My blood pressure didn't come down for nearly 10 hours and pretty much stayed around the 180/105 mark. My BGL's were mostly high too with average about 8.

Today I get to work and felt much better than yesterday... I pretty much eat and drink the exact same thing every morning. By 10 am though I was having a hypo at work and had bad nausea with it. I treat it with 200mL of juice (keep juice boxes at my desk). I then had something else to eat. I felt better in about an hour. I bolus less insulin than usual with my lunch as I was factoring in the fact I had some errands to do after work. Now the same time last week I did virtually the same thing (but without the hypo) and my sugar was 8 when I got home. Today it's 5.1. Also I tested when I got in my car to head home and it was 6.2 and within 20 mins I'd dropped a mmol.

I swear I have days where my insulin is more effective or something. I'm not sure what it is? I'm assuming my body is doing some weird hormonal thing after the big spasm I had yesterday. I guess it was completely stressed. I'm exhausted.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think BG levels are very unpredictable we never know what our levels are like every minute of the day Different things seem to affect it at different times and not just food. Some days we can eat something that sends our levels up and the next day eat the same thing and levels will be good. Obviously it is not just food though that affects us but how we are feeling does as well. Most people these days have very busy and often stressful lives everyone seems to be in a hurry to get somewhere or do something it is sign of the times the pace of life is fast and even that I am sure will put BG levels up just like it does with blood pressure. Certainly if we are feeling under the weather having a virus like a cold or like you had a lot of pain our BG will be higher then. Hope you are feeling better today