Do you use Byetta and live in Buckinghamshire?

Trulee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you do then I desperately want to hear from you.

I have been diabetic for 9 years, first on diet alone, now on an oral combination of Avandamet and Gliclazide, but since a heart attack at Xmas and the cardiac doctors 'playing around' with all my meds, my control has got steadily worse.

My consultant feels that Byetta would be a good 'next step' in treatment but says his hands are tied as, although NICE have licenced it Bucks PCT wont allow GP's and consultants to prescribe it.

I do know that on a few occasions the PCT has prescribed Byetta within Bucks, but without knowing how those cases were presented I am struggling to take the first steps to challenge them.

My consultant is Ian based at High Wycombe hospital and is the man responsible for helping Steve Redgrave compete in two Olympics after he was diagnosed - if he doesn't know what he's talking about then I'm at a loss as to know who is - but still they wont listen.

If anyone out there can help me then please get in touch either on this thread or by PM - I really need to move quickly on this as, as per usual, if the control deteriorates any further I really will be left with no other choice but insulin which at the age of 48 my consultant is keen to avoid if we can.