Doctors need a course in communication

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I think Doctors are Human with all the failings we as Humans have. I think many of us as Patients are already overawed and expecting Bad news. If a doctor in the past has been congratulating patients on their progress and loss of weight and lower BS and encouraging s to keep it up only to find that the next time everything was worse Whilst a patient who they got frustrated with and spoke negatively too hoping to give them a wake up call responded and on the next visit everything showed a marked improvement.. It is easy to see how they may try this on more patients. Then I m certain every G.P. or Hospital Doctor would like to spend an hour with each patient. but if you were in the queue outside you would be complaining on this forum about the wait.

It is easy to post stories on here and criticise Doctors who are as frustrated as we are with the system I think you should tell your doctors if you think they come across badly to you otherwise how do they know after all we are all different. Different foods spike one person and not another and different approaches are needed and we are the meters. I have always been prepared to Challenge my doctors I have a list on my computer headed Questions for Doctor and any time I have a query I add it to the List about a week before my next appointment I will Edit the list some things which seemed puzzling last month have been answered by forums like this others may be merged into one question. I put them in order of urgency. and then print out.. I found doctors in the uk would give me the time to answer my questions and would eventually begin to anticipate my queries.

The relationship between you and you doctor depends on both parties respecting one another and sometimes I have had to say if I think the doctor, is rushing or being Patronizing they may not like it but next time things improve.

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
At least he asked how you were. This is usually important when talking to patients!!