Does anybody have experiences of NAC?

happier than you

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
N-Acetyl Cysteine

I've been taking this in powder form (600mg a day) for about a month. I get pain in my kidneys, pancreas, not sure about my liver. It's quite hard to tell where pain originates. My liver can't be in great shape, i'm overweight and i used to drink up to 20 pints of beer a night. I haven't really drunk much for the last 10 years though. My skin and eyes have been quite dark for a long time. Since i started taking this, my skin is so much better and my eyes look normal again. I have hazel eyes, but the last few years they have been almost black. Now they look like they used to. I've been getting much less pain in my kidneys and elsewhere, feel more energetic and i'm a lot less phlegm-y too.

I'm NOT recommending it, fact is i know hardly anything about the stuff except it's an anti-oxidant. I'm very skeptical of all drugs, vitamins, supplements. Tried Berrocca, noticed nothing. Tried Centrum Advance, noticed nothing. Tried Actimel, tummy was a bit better but not that noticeable to bother keep buying it. This is the first thing i've tried that actually seems to do something noticeable. I'm a bit concerned because i read that taking this long term can cause kidney problems. Does anybody else take it or used to take it or have any knowledge about it?