does anyone else feel alone in dealing with diabetes

head323

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
smoking
i feel alone in dealing with my diabetes i feel depressed and alone . i do hve support from friends and family but it not the same cause they dont hve the condition where as i do . i go for hosp appointments and everything is average and since i took over the care of my condiontion it feels as if it getting bad to worse . when my parents were loomking after it it was all working out but it not for me .]

is this my fault or is it just normal to feel like this .

can anyone tell me there expercience

Pneu

What you are feeling is completely normal.. I think we all go through stages where we get sick and tired of being diabetic.. I know that I certainly get depressed about diabetes and the relentless and unending routine to cope with it. I can also relate to feeling alone.. although I get a lot of support from my partner and family it is hard for them to understand the stress of dealing with type I day after day after day..

You need to remember that depression / anxiety is quite common so firstly I would suggest that you discuss with your doctor or diabetic consultant / nurse.. they can perhaps help you to develop some mechanisms to cope. Secondly depression and anxiety release hormones that can actually decrease the effectiveness of insulin so you may find that the depression is actually causing your control to slip.. best way to deal with this is to sort the depression! but in the short term you might consider upping your insulin a little to get back under control.

Good Luck

DavideB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
[youtube]jdzdw3V99hI[/youtube]