ezManager

spideog

Have only got as far as just ordering a copy of the software for my pump today so no idea how much use it will yet end up being.

Anyone calling Animas up for the software though should be aware that they could do with an update to their script the call centre people use when you ask for a copy of it. She said something about "Have you got an older version of Windows than '97?" so I just took that as her mis-reading the script and checking that I was running something newer than '95 still and didn't have the heart to tell her that there was no such thing as Windows '97. Bit of confusion followed with talk about newer and older getting taken the wrong way round.

Basically just tell them that you have the right version of Windows. It needs at least 2000 or XP, and unless you have not bought a new PC in the last 10 years you have the right version.

All Bill Gates fault of course as trying to put these version numbers in order would give anyone an headache if they didn't know better: :lol:
ME, 2000, 7, XP, 95, Vista, 3.1, 98, NT

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
On the subject of the ezManager software I have it installed on my computer, although I haven't used it much yet. I had trouble getting the infrared dongle to work (I think that's what it's called). When I tried to get the pump to connect through the dongle it just wouldn't work. I eventually found a driver by searching on Google and it works now. Whatever came with the installation CD wouldn't work for me but I think it's something to do with using Vista.

spideog

The rep did make a point of telling us yesterday that you had to plug in the dongle and get that installed before installing the ezManager software. Vista shouldn't have any problem finding a driver for a USB infrared port online itself, I suspect it's just some generic one they supply us with. You may need to uninstall the ezManager software and reinstall the driver again before then reinstalling the ezManager again to get it all working right.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can't really remember what order it went but the installation wizard prompted me to install I think the dongle driver first because of my version of Windows (or it might have been the other way around). Following the wizard instructions it wouldn't work for me until I installed the driver I'd found on the internet, now it works. I can't remember where I found the driver, it's wasn't an Animas one, just a generic one I found on the internet.