Prediabetes Fasting high reading

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Probably due to the dawn phenomenon. Tour liver is trying to be helpful and dumps a load of glucose to help you get going.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
DP (Dawn Phenomenon) foot on the floor syndrome, there are a few names for it. Its your liver giving your boday a "boost" of glucose to get you going

Nicole T

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Same here. The only times I don't get non-diabetic readings are first thing in the morning, or if I've deliberately broken my low carb diet (experimenting with what I can and can't get away with.)

Nicole T

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
DP (Dawn Phenomenon) foot on the floor syndrome, there are a few names for it. Its your liver giving your boday a "boost" of glucose to get you going
Just a crazy thought: but surely a non-diabetic's liver has this 'body boost' function, too. Are we setting ourselves an unrealistic goal expecting a normal fasting level first thing, when every fasting blood test I've ever had at my GP was taken at least an hour after I got up?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Just a crazy thought: but surely a non-diabetic's liver has this 'body boost' function, too. Are we setting ourselves an unrealistic goal expecting a normal fasting level first thing, when every fasting blood test I've ever had at my GP was taken at least an hour after I got up?

A non diabetic also has a working pancreas :)