Feel sick

rockeerox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone ever experience this? Everytime we go with a different treatment and my numbers start dropping, even if they aren't normal, I just feel off. Headaches, hungry, upset stomach. Is this just me??

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
All meds take a while to get used to....but insulin only has hypos as a side effect. Oh and site irritation for some.
Tablets are another story.
Hopefully things will settle down soon.

Reactions: rockeerox

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone ever experience this? Everytime we go with a different treatment and my numbers start dropping, even if they aren't normal, I just feel off. Headaches, hungry, upset stomach. Is this just me??

I suspect this isn't the same thing, and I'm not on meds at the moment, but...

I've yet to reach the golden point of having good low numbers AND feeling good. Every time I've woken in the morning to a great, low reading, I've felt awful. I'm hoping it's just an adjustment thing and will get better, especially if I have a long run of good morning readings.

Reactions: rockeerox

rockeerox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

I've yet to reach the golden point of having good low numbers AND feeling good. Every time I've woken in the morning to a great, low reading, I've felt awful. I'm hoping it's just an adjustment thing and will get better, especially if I have a long run of good morning readings.
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping.

rockeerox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
All meds take a while to get used to....but insulin only has hypos as a side effect. Oh and site irritation for some.
Tablets are another story.
Hopefully things will settle down soon.
Not a side effect of insulin, I think its a side effect of my numbers dropping.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Not a side effect of insulin, I think its a side effect of my numbers dropping.
I know they like to increase your insulin units slowly to avoid shocking the system. So may be until you are more stable.
Keep us updated.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Most likely.
Your body and mine get used to a new coping number but that doesn't mean that coping number is a healthy one.
Myself I'm happier on 8s mentally and I'm jovial and comfortable to express my happiness. 5s I'm very serious and can get moody and strict with kids.
I prefer the happy, layed back ickihun but my body needs the serious one.
I often refer to my 8s as similiar to the effects of... after drinking a few drinks which chills most drinkers out.
I don't drink. I don't need to sugar gives my body the same euphoric feeling. Neiter wonder many of us don't like being too perfect!
I can get a bit too serious for some, especially my 2 sisters and mum. They just want to be happy and silly all the time.
I remember distinctly when I came around from my burst appendix fix up operation and how serious I was with my older sister because she was jovial.
Oh yes.
I'm much sweeter when filled with sugar! Ha ha