cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
How do people help burning feet?
I was advised not to soak my feet. I've had burning feet many years before I even heard of diabetes.

• Hug
Reactions: EllieM

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I get burning feet that has nothing to do with my diabetes, have had them since my early 20s, for me it was being in the hospitality industry and being on my feet 14 -16 hrs a day. I get it occasionally now if I’m on my feet all day, especially in this hot weather.

I use Bodyshop peppermint foot range - the cream is very soothing and cooling and great for moisturising, the foot cooling spray is absolutely lovely sprayed on my feet and ankles - I keep it in the fridge and just give a little spritz and I find it cools and soothes

Reactions: cdpm

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
Why were you advised not to soak them?

I've used peppermint or lemon foot sprays in the past to cool my feet when out.
Apparently diabetics aren't supposed to soak their feet. I used to help mine by soaking them in cold water.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apparently diabetics aren't supposed to soak their feet. I used to help mine by soaking them in cold water.
I soak my feet all the time without any problems, I think that advice may seem from the fact that if you have neuropathy you may not be able to feel if the water is too hot etc

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
OK, so soggy skin is easier to damage. That makes sense - but no one told me that.
(My BS is fine so less of an issue for me now.)

Try just running cold water over them for a couple of minutes?