Hey, can I have your badam halwa recipe? Pretty please?
Re your food diary, it is a tricky call.
Yes, you COULD get your carbs lower.
Some of us do. But the lower we go, the narrower our food choices, and the more boring it can get. So the harder we have to work to overcome those percieved restrictions.
I think your menus look delicious, and am frankly quite envious, especially all those lovely curries.
I see from your profile that you are T2 and diet only, which restricts your choices, and we all have to make the decision on how low we feel we can go and keep it sustainable and bearable.
But it is worth remembering that carbs are not the only thing that affect insulin resistance and chronically raised blood glucose.
I eat a bit lower carb than you, but my bgs are still higher than I would like, due to that insulin resistance.
When that happens, there are a few options, and I am going to list them here, but I don't know your personal circumstances, so have no clue which of them may help you, and which are unsuitable.
Metformin. This can lower HbA1c. Obviously there is a lot of debate about whether it is a good idea or not.
Exercise. This is the biggie. Done properly, this can cut through insulin resistance like a knife. But it needs to be sustainable and regular, otherwise all the good work is undone.
Other medications. Some of them are known to increase insulin resistance.
Other health issues and hormonal dysfunction. These can affect blood glucose and insulin resistance. Hypothyroid is one. Obesity is another. Simply having a lot of fat on our bodies raised insulin resistance. Unfair, eh?
Hope that helps.
For me, I know that exercise, High Intensity Interval Training is the best thing I could possibly do for my insulin resistance.
But my knees, back and lack of enthusiasm all disagree.