foot cramp

davesoutar

does anyone else suffer from really painful foot cramp? i get this almost every night , have done for over a year, i have tried eating extra potassium but this has no affect, anyone any idea what,s causing this?.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I will tell the wife, she gets a lot of cramp in her feet :)

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The wife tried the water and it did nothing .. But it's about finding what works .. She drinks tonic water .. That works it's the quinine bit that works, but she hates the taste !!
@davesoutar .. Have you tried anything yourself yet ?

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks for the advice folks, i will try the magnesium , not keen on going down the quinine road, i hear its pretty dangerous stuff.
Quinine is not something I could take as its dangerous with the tablets I take .. but the wife not on any medication.. or has any heath problems that we know of

steveelles

Hi Dave. I take the standard daily high strength tablets that you can pick up in any UK supermarket on the vitamin supplements isle. Good luck with it.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Zinc helps too, I think magnesium and zinc in tandem.

Reactions: 2 people

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
I get that almost every night in one foot then the other I do take quinine as otherwise I het it on the inner thighs which is awful bur quinine has helped stop that. But I still get foot cramps.

Betes-dave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The wife tried the water and it did nothing .. But it's about finding what works .. She drinks tonic water .. That works it's the quinine bit that works, but she hates the taste !!
@davesoutar .. Have you tried anything yourself yet ?
Try the Indian tonic water (sugar free) Morrisons own, with a hint of Lemon, very refreshing, even without the gin.lol