For those with M.E./chronic fatigue syndrome

mariavontrapp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just read this article (below) on the Action for M.E. page and I think it might be of interest for those with Type 2 and M.E./cfs. I have only recently come to see the links between my diabetes and M.E. and also chronic inflammation. It makes sense to me that our mitochondria could get into difficulties if our cells are unable to process glucose and fats for energy, and this sounds very similar to insulin resistance. It helps to explain why I have both higher glucose and high triglycerides in my bloodstream. What I need to know is how to encourage them into my cells to be used for energy! I'm very much hoping that my recent change to LCHF will also have an impact on my M.E.
It doesn't give much detail, but this is what the press-release said:-

"Prof Ron Davis presented new findings from his big data study on severe M.E. at last week’s Invest in ME research conference, reports ‪#‎MEAction‬.

“Davis’s preliminary data show serious problems with the biochemical processes needed to convert sugars and fats from food into energy the body can use,” writes Simon McGrath. “If these findings are replicated, this could prove a major step forward in understanding M.E./CFS.”

A full report on the conference is currently being prepared, and the most recent issue of the Journal of IMER includes abstracts from the conference, which took place in London on Friday."