Forxiga 5 mg

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After 4 months of Forxiga 5mg each day, I stopped it due to several side effects. Doctor asked me to stop. The side effects seem to be definitely subsiding. After 3 days of stopping i am feeling better. What i am worried though is, is it possible the 4 months of using may have done some damage? Anything I should particularly check? Anything I should do to reverse any damage done by the drug?

Doreenann

After 4 months of Forxiga 5mg each day, I stopped it due to several side effects. Doctor asked me to stop. The side effects seem to be definitely subsiding. After 3 days of stopping i am feeling better. What i am worried though is, is it possible the 4 months of using may have done some damage? Anything I should particularly check? Anything I should do to reverse any damage done by the drug?

Doreenann

Unlikely after such a short time. I was prescribed 10mg and had thrush twice in 4 weeks and came
off the drug after only 6 weeks. No further side effects once the thrush subsided after 3/4 days.

Reactions: Shas3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Shas, what damage do you think has been caused to you by Forxiga? Thrush is by far the most common side effect people mention on here, and that's usually goes pretty quickly, once the tablets are reduced or stopped.

Reactions: Shas3 and SimonCrox

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shas, what damage do you think has been caused to you by Forxiga? Thrush is by far the most common side effect people mention on here, and that's usually goes pretty quickly, once the tablets are reduced or stopped.

DcukMod : my side effects were extreme thirst, hunger (in spite of eating and normal sugar levels) and a weakness and a bit of light headedness. Almost classic false-hypo symptoms. Given the added pressure that Forxiga puts on bladder and kidney, i was wondering of any damage in those areas. Just wondering at this time.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
DcukMod : my side effects were extreme thirst, hunger (in spite of eating and normal sugar levels) and a weakness and a bit of light headedness. Almost classic false-hypo symptoms. Given the added pressure that Forxiga puts on bladder and kidney, i was wondering of any damage in those areas. Just wondering at this time.

Shas - nobody can tell the impact of a medication on another person - especially after such a short time. All you can do is move forward in a good, positive way.

Reactions: Shas3

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shas - nobody can tell the impact of a medication on another person - especially after such a short time. All you can do is move forward in a good, positive way.

Thanks DcukMOD

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So yesterday i got done tests and it is looking better... A1C dropped to 6.7% (sorry, the other scale... not the one most often used in this forum)... And all the side effects of Forxiga seem to have subsided.