Freestyle Libre 1 scanner?

IkariWarrior

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. So I have a Freestyle Libre 1 (ONE) sensor that I have put on. But I just realised the scanner I have (for the 2 version) is not backwards compatible.

Is there any way I can get around this? Specifically is there any App for Android that might still be able to scan a Freestyle Libre 1 sensor directly without having the official scanner?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. So I have a Freestyle Libre 1 (ONE) sensor that I have put on. But I just realised the scanner I have (for the 2 version) is not backwards compatible.

Is there any way I can get around this? Specifically is there any App for Android that might still be able to scan a Freestyle Libre 1 sensor directly without having the official scanner?
The official app is called LibreLink, it's in the play store.

IkariWarrior

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The official app is called LibreLink, it's in the play store.

Perhaps it is not available for my phone, as when searching that (and variations) the only one that shows up is something called LibreLinkUp by Newyu inc. (which appears to be some almost pointless app for "sharing your diabetes data with a loved one" :rolleyes:)

So I was hoping there would be perhaps a "3rd party" app that I could install outside of the Google restrictions.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I’m on the libre 2 and still have my old libre 1 reader you’re more than welcome to have it it’s no use to me any more , if you PM me i can arrange delivery