Freestyle2

ArsenalCath

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The rain and constant testing and insulin injections
Since Tuesday 10/10, I am only able to use automatic readings. I cannot get the sensor to give me readings on demand using the iPhone. And my Tresiba basal insulin pen is linked to the app and I’m not able to get the app to upload the units I’ve injected. It’s a real nuisance. Getting loads of signal loss messages but none of the app alarms are going off either. So I’m not being warned when bloods going high or low. Potentially dangerous with the hypos. I’ve lost the trust in it. I hate finger prick tests so will probably just not test.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
It’s very possible that the app is experiencing a meltdown. I’ve used far less polite words this morning. Either the Libre app, or the sensor I’m using, are seriously confused. Latest reading on the app: 24.3: blood sugar test: 6.4.
I think I’ll believe the bs test - off to town today to buy some more bs test cartridges (Accuchek Mobile).

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Update:
I rang the Freestyle Libre complaints line (google the number for where you are - I’m in the U.K.) and will be sent a new sensor.
I did say I still didn’t know whether it was the sensor or the app that was misbehaving and it seemed that the nice person at Abbott also couldn’t tell which it was.
But: an alert has been sent to them.
Hope you can ring them too @ArsenalCath and someone will help you.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
PS I’m guessing you’re in the U.K. in which case the Abbott complaints number is 0800 170 1177

• Friendly
Reactions: Antje77

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Since Tuesday 10/10, I am only able to use automatic readings. I cannot get the sensor to give me readings on demand using the iPhone. And my Tresiba basal insulin pen is linked to the app and I’m not able to get the app to upload the units I’ve injected. It’s a real nuisance. Getting loads of signal loss messages but none of the app alarms are going off either. So I’m not being warned when bloods going high or low. Potentially dangerous with the hypos. I’ve lost the trust in it. I hate finger prick tests so will probably just not test.
I would suggest the on/off of the phone if this hasn't been done. Good to get in the habit of doing this once a week.

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a problem with my Libre 2 sensor, it wouldn't scan but still gave me readings untill it stopped completely, I replaced the sensor only to discover it wouldn't scan also I then removed the app and replaced it but still no luck with the new sensor so will be hopefully getting 2 replacements.
Love technology

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
On the basis of the above comments I have just done a scan on mine (iPhone 11) and it seems fine. So yes @PaulAshby it would seem you had a faulty sensor batch - same batch numbers?

Reactions: PaulAshby