Gall bladder

Fern Hopper

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cake.
Anyone have any experience of type 1 and gall bladder difficulties?

Tippy.tosca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes I too have had issues with Gallbladder issues in November 2016 was told I'd a tummy bug by the triage team at my local GP surgery I was told i couldnt see a GP either at home or at the surgery that was a Monday by the end of the week I couldn't even keep water down my daughter immediately called for help. A GP from the surgery arrived and had in minutes called for an emergency ambulance. In the meantime I collapsed turns out with a Gallbladder infection which in turn caused Sepsis I was admitted to the hospital put on lots of IV antibiotic's,
In June the following year I had my gallbladder removed
What a nightmare that was. If you're having symptoms, please see your GP don't get fobbed off like I was over the phone by someone not quite knowing what to say to you. Julie

• Hug
Reactions: Hopeful34

Fern Hopper

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cake.
The abdominal pains I have been having recently really indicate a gallbladder difficulty. I run with a GP who pointed out that there is not much, anatomically, where my pains are. Even less for me as I have quite a lot of bowel missing after cancer surgery. I also have some strange blood tests recently which suggest I have an infection somewhere. I have needed more insulin this week - another indicator of something awry. But still running! Life!

Fern Hopper

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cake.
Blood test, as mentioned above, also gave me an HbA1c of 35. So, this week's increased need for insulin may indicate some illness, somewhere!