Getting those levels down!

PickledPepper

Okay guys,

I'm managed to get my levels into better control through diet (and the odd whisky or two in the evenings) but I still feel they are a bit to close to the upper limit for comfort. My fasting levels are usually in the mid to high 6s (7.3, 6.7, 6.3, 6.2, 5.6, 6.4 are figures for last few days), but I still can't get into the 5 or mid 4 zone, where I'd like to be.

I noticed carbs (even small amounts) seem to have a longer effect than just spikes after eating, as they appear to keep the sugar levels on the higher side on the day after eating them.

Any tips to get the levels a bit lower?

I am taking a few herbal remedies (as advised by mom) already. So I drink cinnamon tea regularly and have a spoon of fenugreek seeds in the mornings (they are a bit whiffy :shock: ).

Also I am slightly concerned about the effects of having a higher protein diet. DO I have cause for concern? I eat about 3 to 4 pieces of chicken and/or fish in a day with veg. I'm not over weight (I think I'm getting closer to being underweight with all the recent weight loss actually) but do have high cholesterol.

I now this section is called Ask A question and that I have probably asked more than one. Any feedback is appreciated.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi PP :D

Good to hear that your levels are improving. This is a gradual process and if you keep the carbs low the numbers should come down in time. Patience is required! :roll:

As for the cholesterol you may well find those numbers are improved at your next Hba1c test – let us know. You could try exchanging a glass of red wine for a glass of whisky – I can’t believe I just said that!! :shock: :shock:

I put ground cinnamon in many different foods that I eat. If you eat yoghurt mix in some ground cinnamon as there will be more than in herbal tea.