Gluco Navii vs SD Codefree

Beating-My-Betes

Hi!

Been using the SD Codefree for some years. Recently bought a Sinocare machine as it worked out to be a much cheaper option compared to more strips for the SD. However, the Sinocare results seem to be all over the place. I don't trust it at all, and wish I'd sent it back to get a refund.

Anyway, I've seen the Gluco Navii mentioned positively, and wondered how people were finding it over the long-term (comparisons to the SD Codefree would be very much appreciated).

Going to have to buy more strips soon. if the GN is worth the upgrade I might go for that.

Cheers :)

Kernow Debra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: Beating-My-Betes

Beating-My-Betes

I switched to the GN after the SD code free kept giving high readings for no reason. Caused me no end of panic!
Have found it a solid reliable piece of kit for 8 months now.
I buy from https://homehealth-uk.com/all-products/glucose-navii-blood-glucose-test-strips-50-strip-pack/ free delivery and there’s a discount code if you buy 5 or 10 pots of strips.

Think I paid £29 ish for 5 tubs last time. Will dig out discount code if needed
Many thanks!

Interesting what you say about the SD giving high readings. Mine has seemed to be rock-solid, but of course it's hard to tell without comparing to other machines. When I got the Sinocare, I did some comparisons. The results were pretty far off, with the Sinocare tending towards lower numbers. But even then it wasn't as consistent as the SD. I now don't trust the readings at all :(

I've ordered from homehealth before and will order from them again. I used the discount last time, but no longer have it written down.

Kernow Debra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've ordered from homehealth before and will order from them again. I used the discount last time, but no longer have it written down.

Discount is 20% for 5 Code - navii5
25% for 10. Code - navii10

• Friendly

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
I have been using a GN for 10 days now after using a CodeFree for years. I have to say I am not impressed so far. I almost never had errors when using CodeFree strips, I have at least one a day with GN.
The readings on GN are considerably higher than my CodeFree and my Libre2.
In fact I am going to buy a tub of CodeFree strips and test each blood sample with each monitor for a couple of weeks.
I did that with the remaining 5 strips I had when I first got the GN and the results were close. But now I am not convinced.

Beating-My-Betes

I have been using a GN for 10 days now after using a CodeFree for years. I have to say I am not impressed so far. I almost never had errors when using CodeFree strips, I have at least one a day with GN.
The readings on GN are considerably higher than my CodeFree and my Libre2.
In fact I am going to buy a tub of CodeFree strips and test each blood sample with each monitor for a couple of weeks.
I did that with the remaining 5 strips I had when I first got the GN and the results were close. But now I am not convinced.
Hmmm...Interesting!

The only errors I've ever had with the SD were my own fault (Usually trying to draw from too small a blob of blood). Have never considered faulty strips.

Would be very interested to see any further results. May have to hold off until then.

Thanks!

Reactions: aylalake

Beating-My-Betes

One other issue with me changing to the GN is that it only seems to come in mmol. Nothing against this in principal, but I'm so used to readings in mg/dl

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
One other issue with me changing to the GN is that it only seems to come in mmol. Nothing against this in principal, but I'm so used to readings in mg/dl
You will find that there is an option that you have to choose. Also there is a non-UK version. I am referring to the Home Health UK website. I don’t know about other sellers.
Plus (and I didn’t know this until,too late!) if you are switching from the CodeFree, you get a discount.
I found that by purchasing the meter on its own rather than as a bundle, then adding the strips to the basket, I was able to use the Navii1 or 5 code (depending on the quantity) at checkout. This brought the price down considerably compared to the bundle.

Beating-My-Betes

You will find that there is an option that you have to choose. Also there is a non-UK version. I am referring to the Home Health UK website. I don’t know about other sellers.
Plus (and I didn’t know this until,too late!) if you are switching from the CodeFree, you get a discount.
I found that by purchasing the meter on its own rather than as a bundle, then adding the strips to the basket, I was able to use the Navii1 or 5 code (depending on the quantity) at checkout. This brought the price down considerably compared to the bundle.
Thanks! Really appreciate the extra information. However, I think I'm gonna just stick with the Codefree for now. I already think that strips can be such a waste of money, so the thought of having to regularly throw duds in the bin is not convincing me. But there's nothing wrong with my Cidefree unit, as far as I can tell. And even if it is objectively a little off in its readings, it seems to be consistent. Besides, I'm really more focused on trends and I have years of Codefree data that. can use as a reference.

I don't suppose you have the SDC discount to hand, do you? I used it last time I ordered but don't seem to have it written down anywhere.

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks! Really appreciate the extra information. However, I think I'm gonna just stick with the Codefree for now. I already think that strips can be such a waste of money, so the thought of having to regularly throw duds in the bin is not convincing me. But there's nothing wrong with my Cidefree unit, as far as I can tell. And even if it is objectively a little off in its readings, it seems to be consistent. Besides, I'm really more focused on trends and I have years of Codefree data that. can use as a reference.

I don't suppose you have the SDC discount to hand, do you? I used it last time I ordered but don't seem to have it written down anywhere.

Indeed I do,

Disct code for 5 packs = 264086

Disct code for 10 packs = 975833

• Winner