gluco rx nexus rd4277 meter ....test strip help!!

Bluebelle F

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was given a glucose nexus rd4277 meter last week from a nurse. Used it fine, no problems.
I picked up new test strips today (got a prescription from my surgery for them) but they are not working
When I put them in the meter it asks for blood sample, but when the blood is on the strip the meter doesn't register that's its there.
The strips say they are for a glucorx nexus td4230 , maybe a daft question but are these the wrong strips, or are they correct but not working
for some reason??
I did try with control solution but it didn't register that either.
Would like to know if meter has gone wrong or if I need to get different strips.

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi!

Sorry, I don't know much about this meter, but I'll bump your post. Do you have the previous box of strips that were working? Can you compare it with the new box?

Bluebelle F

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi!

Sorry, I don't know much about this meter, but I'll bump your post. Do you have the previous box of strips that were working? Can you compare it with the new box?
Thanks.
No I binned the last box, they do look a bit different but don't know if that's because they're a different brand

rubold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All the current Nexus meters use the same strips according to their website. The GlucoRx offerings are not the most accurate systems on the market, according to at least one independent test report and a lot of reviews, so that must be why the NHS is giving them out, or could it be because the test strips are the cheapest?

I would say your meter is faulty, or perhaps the nurse has given you an obsolete meter.