Going fine but …?

Paul41

So I’m a couple of weeks into this odyssey and still trying to understand what’s happening to my body.
I’m using a CGM and in the main it appeared that everything was going in the right direction, I’m eating a low carb diet and I’m losing weight .
Part of my reason for using a CGM is by eating / testing foods that might spike my BG and thereby not including them in my diet.
I tried eating Rye bread and this appears to have caused my issues.

There was no spike but a delay followed by a steady rise in BG, but it never abated. My BG had previously been low overnight but not after eating this bread, BG remained high.

I assume this is insulin resistance at work?

This morning my BG is chugging along at 6.5, it’s not dipping under 6 that it was previously but it’s better than it was yesterday.

I’ve decided to not eat any grains for a time and continue with the low carb plan. No experiments with different carbs/ foods, at least for now!

Am I understanding this correctly please ?

The attached pic is my BG yesterday. I had consumed the Rye bread the evening before and this is what occurred!

Any advice?
IMG_0942.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lovinglife

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, nice work for trying to get a handle on this, basically, the more carbs you eat, the higher numbers you will get. Other things affect your numbers like fat with carbs slow down the carb spike, if for example you spread butter on the bread, your spike would be altered, how much exercise you did, which way the wind is blowing and if a kangaroo farts in Brisbane you can get a sharp dip in numbers In London. It’s a moving goal post, all we can do is test test test.

Sorry this isn’t much use, best of luck.